Sunday, February 6, 2011

Geared Up and Ready to Go!


I just got my last piece of gear this friday so now I am 100% geared up for my 3 day climb to the summit of the California Matterhorn in two weeks. When I got my Black Diamond Sabretooth Crampons in the mail I was super pumped as I inspect my new toys i realized how much fun climbing is and I know these crampons are going to take me though a lot of climbing they can do anything from climbing Everest to Technical Ice Climbing so i know i wont have to buy any other crampons. I know I had crampons before but I had to return them because they did not work well with my Vasque Radiator mountaineering boots that I got from REI. They were a steal $205 for boots that go for $425 Im very happy with them and I know they will take me far as well. Now all that is left is to wait out these next 12 days until I leave for my climb! I am really nearing the end of my project with my final climb 2 weeks away and being only $90 from my fundraising goal itseems like this project is over just as it was really getting started. But at least I already know climbing mountains will be a lifelong passion of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment