Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weathers Looking Good

So I've noticed that we have been getting a lot of rain in SoCal these last to months and it got me thinking that we may have a rainy year this year and that means lots of snow in our local mountains. This got me super excited for the first snowfall of this year because as soon as there is snow on the mountains I will be heading out to do my first summit with my mentor which as of right now will be Mt. Baldy which is 10,068 ft tall. I am really looking forward to it especially as I continue to accumulate gear. Like as soon as i got my ice axe in the mail I thought to myself "wow I'm really going to do this!" Now I cant wait to get up on that mountain and get the feeling like im on top of the world. Also I have an update on the fundraising, so far thanks to VERY VERY GENEROUS donations I have raised $885 for Big City Mountaineers in only two weeks. I hope i can hit $1,000 by the time i run the 10k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Thank you for everyones support and keep spreading the word about my project to all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment